On a rainy day during rush hour, you may see an ocean of umbrellas in the city. Auckland is the place where four seasons in a day is the norm, and carrying a small umbrella, jacket or raincoat in your bag may become a habit. The clouds definitely move by fast in this city! One moment it could be a beautiful sunny blue sky day, and another it could pour down with a cool shower, and another moment the weather is warm and muggy. Some of the best days are definitely the ones where the skies are blue with a few white clouds in the sky.
1. Visit your favourite coffee shop. Parnell has some lovely cafes along Parnell Road.
2. Go thrift shopping at shops like Tatty’s, Recycle Boutique, Paper Bag Princess.
3. Watch a movie at the cinema. Kill a few hours at the movies with your favourite snack.
4. Sit at the Library and read your favourite book or discover a new book.
5. Cook a warm delicious meal. Then sit on the couch in your blankets to enjoy your meal!
6. Visit the Auckland Art Gallery. There’s something peaceful about watching art on a rainy day.
7. Order a Pizza and watch your favourite tv show or movie with your friends.
8. Satisfy your sweet cravings at the Chocolate Boutique with a hot chocolate and dessert.
9. Sit by the fireplace (if you have one) and warm up your feet with your cat.
10. Go on a clean frenzy. Wash your sheets, wash your clothes, clean your bathroom, declutter your room.
11. Have a bath/shower. It’s such a great feeling getting out of your damp socks and having a shower after a rainy day outside.
12. Spend the afternoon at the Auckland War Memorial Museum.
13. Watch a show, performance or concert at the Civic Theatre, Aotea Centre or Town Hall.
14. Grab a friend or take the family to ten pin bowling.
15. Spend the day at home to just relax and do the art of nothing.
16. Eat lunch out for a good catch up or bring your favourite book.
17. People watch. If you’re in the city, there’s something amusing about people watching.
18. Take a bus ride to somewhere new to a nearby suburb in Auckland.
19. Browse in an old bookstore, and get lost amongst the books.
20. Play a board game. Monopoly, card games, charades!